Healing Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Tea (Golden Milk) - My grandmother’s recipe.
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric is one of the most potent anti-inflammatories in nature. If you are suffering from an inflammatory condition, this soothing, healing and nourishing warm anti-inflammatory turmeric beverage is an absolute must try!
Ingredients (use all organic where possible)
- 2 cups milk of your choice (I use raw organic goats’ milk or coconut milk but you can use any milk of your choice!)
- 1 teaspoon grated turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- A generous pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- A few crushed cardamom pods
- A small piece of cinnamon stick
- Raw honey (optional)
- 1. Heat milk in a saucepan for about 5mins. Once the milk is warm, add the turmeric, ginger, pepper, cardamom and cinnamon.
- 2. Cover and let the mixture simmer for another 5 minutes so the milk soaks up all the flavours and nutritional benefits of the spices.
- 3. Remove from heat and strain. Discard solids.
- 4. Add coconut oil and raw honey to taste.
- 5. Enjoy while its hot!
Golden milk is so easy to make and loaded with anti-inflammatory goodness. Please give it a try!
Note - Turmeric can stain your hands and clothes yellow.
How I Use Turmeric to Heal Inflammation and Nourish My Body Inside Out.
Also called as ‘holy powder’ in India, turmeric is a powerful spice that contains curcumin...
Grounding (Earthing) - The Role of Grounding in Reducing Inflammation and Healing the Body
Grounding is the act of connecting your body with the earth. Research has shown that when...
HOW PERSONALIZED ONE-TO-ONE YOGA CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Based on our environment and life experiences, our body, nervous system capacity and needs...
FIBROMYALGIA WELLNESS - A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO HEALING AND RECLAIMING YOUR FREEDOM
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain and fatigue...